Sunday, March 15, 2015

2015-03-15

 Well, yesterday was interesting, Sister T and I woke up with puffy throats and pounding headaches. We went to sacrament and I had to give a talk luckily we had 13 less actives at church and 2 investigators :) YAY FOR REALS!!!! Lately we have been trying to teach more basically with all our investigators.For example instead of teaching lesson one right away we try to teach a lesson on faith (as an action word) That lesson is the one that pushed one of our investigators (andrew) to come to church yesterday.Just as sister T and I are one up-ing our game, Satan is one up-ing his. On Saturday we stopped by a local fruit stand to get mango's and bananas as we were pulling away some dude runs out of nowhere and yells for us to stop. We did and I rolled down my window. He says " I hear you two preach the word of God" he said he wanted an "appointment" and so sister T pulled over. Before we got out of the car I told her I didn't feel good about this. She said we would be fine if we were by a public road. well. The guy wanted to meet then and there and he was flippen wasted. the guy wanted to tell us his life story then he practically proposed to me and told me " I don't know what state your from but Some day I will come find you."( for some stupid reason Island men are obsessed with white women) I was pissed and so was sister T. I told him if he came to church we would talk then sister T straight up said " Are you drunk?" and he looked at me and said "I am so sorry... Yes." We left and got in the car only to realize we didn't have the keys. Sister t told me to stay in the car
so she could go look over by the drunk dude. She got back in the car and said she still didn't find the keys and that she told the drunk dude she was looking for an earring. Suddenly there's a knock on my window and the drunk dude is right there. In some weird trying to be seductive but failing miserably voice he said " I know, it's not the earring she was looking for!" then he handed us our keys and we peeled out of there.  when we told the zone leaders they laughed super hard apparently they had an interesting experience with alcohol as well. There's a young man that they always take teaching named Mickey. Awesome kid, always comes to church and young mens activities. Well,he was doing the finale for the local dance on Saturday and apparently there was a ton of drinking happening there. Because of this he got a soda so he could be drinking something but not beer. after the dance the Chief of his village walked up, took his soda and said, you are a man now and handed him a beer and said Drink with me. ( in Yapese culture the chief is a big deal. If he told you to murder someone you would have to do it or face severe punishments) so mickey drank his first Beer. Seconds later the elders came to pick him up to go teaching. When he got in the elders truck, the alcohol still hadn't taken effect as they kept driving he got crazier and crazier then elder mackie said " MICKEY! are you drunk?" and mickey paused then said " YAAAAHAHAHA!!!" needless to say, they didn't take him teaching that day. The Elders also say that in the new bar that opened up ( in
our area) you are allowed to do whatever you want and the cops won't stop you unless you leave the bar. So now Satan has strategically found a way to ruin the work in the heart of Colonia. Kamagar ko Dairy Mo'oniyan! (thanks for nothing satan) well I miss all of you! I did the math and when I skype home I will almost be halfway done with my mission. July is my halfway mark. Time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment