Monday, March 23, 2015

2015-03-23

Dad, I'm sorry I usually email mom because she worries the most...
Psych! not his week Muahahahah!!!!!! I have an interesting tale to
tell. So as I've said everything on these islands is like triple the
price it is in the states. When sister T and I were in Guam we bought
all our soap and razors and girl things and perfume and makeup because
for the most part you cant find that stuff on yap. Well. we returned
to our island and realized we are pretty much broke. We talked about
how we would find healthy things so we wouldn't get sick. we were kind
of at a loss. (our remaining food is oatmeal, pasta, 2 cans of tuna,
and sauces {bbq katsup mustard etc.})  last week when we went shopping
we looked at our groceries and realized it wasn't enough for the week.
when we walked to our front porch our land lady had put a bunch of
coconuts on our door step. last saturday we were doing service and
juanita, (young womans leader R.m. from the Philippines)  Offered us a
heaping plate of good local food. Sister T and I ate taro and tapioca
till our hearts content. We know that God is watching out for us.
There is a scripture that says "take no thought of where with ye shall
eat or find rest" I don't know the scripture exactly but I know that
it is saying God will provide. If I ever find myself discouraged I
just think on your quote, " Suck deep from coconuts and don't get
discouraged"

No comments:

Post a Comment