Tuesday, March 3, 2015

2015-02-28

Family,
so... the good news is, I'm emailing you from guam and the computers here are super fast. the bad news is... none :) I'm still serving in Yap I'm just here for a meeting. Elder Waimila was moved to guam and he is being replaced by a philipino named elder roque. since the explosion of drama last week everything has settled down. We actually had some super good lessons last week. One was with a guy named Alex. He has probably tried every drug known to man and he sleeps around. he told us when he turned 13 his father told him he was free to do whatever he wanted and pretty much gave up as a parent. since then his life just got worse and worse. He told us he wanted to change and come back to church. He has been coming and we have been teaching him. two lessons ago we read him the story of alma the younger and tried to liken that story to him. Our next visit he was super excited. he opened his book of Mormon and started telling us all about alma and continued to talk about stuff that was in the following chapters. i said i was impressed by his understanding. (most yapese have trouble reading English let alone book of Mormon english) he said he would read english B.O.M. then if he was confused he would compare it to the yapese version. the other awesome lesson was with moobpin (of course :)  )   sister T. asked her bow her book of mormon reading was going and she said. "It's really good. I'm a history buff and I just can't believe it! There's another book! " I'm pretty sure I was smiling like an idiot then she said " My father will be here on the weekend and I think he would really like it to. I think I'm gonna give him one!" She still won't attend church because she's scared of people judging her but dang she has a testimony. though I love Yap i'm super stoked to eat panda express later today. The mission health couple gave a training on healthy eating and most of it was about not eating at restaurants Me and sister T. just laughed (the only resturants on Yap are A. for the tourists B. super nasty and C. super expensive) lifes good out here :) I will keep grandpa in my prayers and all of you. I will send a flash drive soon 
p.s. that is a turtle. It laid there, alive on its back out side our house the neighbors are outer island and ate it for dinner :p
p.p.s. we found sister T.'s moms house in the village of mabu we also found out that lady is her aunt


No comments:

Post a Comment