Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014-12-21



dad,  You asked about the weather... the weather is sweaty. You remember how I sweat like a pig anyways? well here, it is ten fold. It's funny because on really humid days when we go tracing the locals give me a concerned look and either offer me a coconut or some barrel water ( the equivalent of irrigation water) The spiders are giant but they don't really bite. The massive spiders I told you guys about are kinda like fat daddy long legs. The locals pick them up. EEEWWWW!!! some how word has leaked out in our branch that sis. Calder is deathly afraid of spiders. Everyone here thinks it's hilarious... da struggle. So fun story. The other day we were tracting down a stone path and we saw some baby chicks with no mom chicken. They ran up to us and started following us back to the car. It was SOOO CUTE! We figured that they were hungry so we found a coconut and husked it then cracked it open. (on the movie castaway he makes opening a Coconut look super hard. Its not. we did it in like 5 minuets without a machete.) oh another fun story I bought a really long machete. turns out I got ripped off and it was super dull. lots of members say that their gonna help me sharpen it and fix the loose handle. Its been passed around so many times I think I'm just gonna suck it up and buy a good one today. as far as yapese goes... chiney kug fil buch e thin nu wa'ab ( I've learned a little yapese) I miss you like crazy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment